Practice multi-step word problems with these two-step addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division word problems worksheets. These multi-step word problem worksheets will require your students to use a combination of the 4 basic math operations as they solve each problem to arrive at the correct answer. The worksheets are differentiated and require no prep. They can be used for assessments, homework, warm-ups, and more.
What is included?
Set 1 of the multi-step word problems consists of 8 worksheets.
- Each worksheet has 6 word problems (48 problems in all).
- Answer keys to save time and to make grading easier.
- Data trackers to monitor your students’ progress.
There are 2 sets of worksheets.
Set A: Multiple Choice – Solve and circle the correct answer (A, B, C, or D)
- Worksheet A1
- Worksheet A2
- Worksheet A3
- Worksheet A4
Set B: Open-Ended – Solve the word problems / Write your answers.
- Worksheet B1
- Worksheet B2
- Worksheet B3
- Worksheet B4
- The level of difficulty increases from A1-A4 and B1-B4.
- It increases from small numbers (1 & 2 digits) to big numbers (3 & 4 digits or more).
The multi-step word problems require a combination of basic math operations to solve each problem.
- Addition & Subtraction
- Addition & Division
- Addition & Multiplication
- Subtraction & Division
- Subtraction & Multiplication
- Multiplication & Division