Practice one-step word problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with these word problems worksheets. One of the hardest parts of solving word problems for students is choosing which operation to use. To help your students practice this, these one-step word problem worksheets will require your students to identify which of the 4 operations to use as they solve each problem.
These differentiated and no prep worksheets can be used for morning work, homework, warm-ups, and more.
What is included?
Set 1 of the one-step word problems consists of 8 worksheets.
- Each worksheet has 6 word problems (48 problems in all).
- Each worksheet has at least 1 problem for each of the four operations.
- Answer keys to save time and to make grading easier.
- Data trackers to monitor your students’ progress.
There are 2 sets of worksheets.
Set A: Multiple Choice – Solve and circle the correct answer (A, B, C, or D)
- Worksheet A1
- Worksheet A2
- Worksheet A3
- Worksheet A4
Set B: Open-Ended – Solve the word problems / Write your answers.
- Worksheet B1
- Worksheet B2
- Worksheet B3
- Worksheet B4
- The level of difficulty increases from A1-A4 and B1-B4.
- It increases from small numbers (1 & 2 digits) to big numbers (3 & 4 digits or more).
The one-step word problems require identifying the appropriate basic math operation to solve each problem.